Management and staff at Benalla Aquatic Centre are committed to the health and wellbeing of the community and as the situation and response to COVID-19 evolves, so are we.
Together with Benalla Rural City, we are closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and following the directions of the Department of Health and Human Services. There have been no confirmed cases at Benalla Aquatic Centre and we are taking extra precautions to keep the centre clean and sanitised.
We ask that patrons consider their own hygiene practices:
- Do not attend the centre if you are feeling unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and use the hand sanitizers provided.
- Wipe down mats, weights (this includes dumbbells and barbells), and machines thoroughly with a disinfectant wipe both before and after using them.
- Bring a towel with you and lay it down on the mat, bench or machine you are using.
- Ensure you are wiping your face with your towel and not your hands.
- If you do have to cough or sneeze, try and catch it in a tissue, your shirt, or the crease of your elbow.
- Shower before and after using the aquatic facilities.
Our Swimming lesson teachers and group fitness instructors are implementing appropriate social distancing measures in their classes, as well as elevated hygiene measures.
As you are aware, this situation is changing rapidly. We will keep updating you as new information comes to light, but for now our Swimming Lessons, and Group Fitness classes are continuing as per regular schedules.
We encourage you to refer to our website and Facebook Page for updates, and we will also communicate via email where possible.
Again, we take the health and safety of our communities very seriously and appreciate your understanding during this challenging time.
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/benallaymca/
Additional information can be found here: http://victoria.ymca.org.au