Benalla Aquatic Centre offers swim carnivals, swimming lessons and aquatic survival skills education for local schools.
Our YMCA Swimming Lesson Program is fully mapped to and aligned with Victorian Essential Learning Standards. We provide programs suitable for primary or secondary school students. In a practical environment students will develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of aquatic situations and participate in essential water safety and survival skills education.
Classes are usually run in the following format:
- Children are assessed at the start of the program and placed in their correct group for the duration of the program
- The program runs for approximately 10 weeks during the school term
- Classes run once a week for around 30 minutes
- Classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:10
We can tailor a program suitable for your school's needs. Contact our reception on (03) 5762 2154 to find out more.
Other programs include
- Aquatic Adventure – for fun, skill and challenge
- AquaSafe Theory – within school
- AquaSafe Swim Program – with a focus on water safety and personal survival
- Tailored ‘Mega Fun’ sessions – loads of fun!
We're committed to providing access to all students
At the YMCA we are committed to providing every student with equal opportunity to participate in all programs. We can assist students with medical conditions and special needs, and also provide subsidised access to families with financial hardship.
Teachers please note:
We are also available to assist with your professional development, certification and skill-refreshers in
- First aid